REGULATIONS COMPETITION FOR THE BEST EUROPEAN DEBUT
19th FORUM OF EUROPEAN CINEMA CINERGIA LODZ 7-14th NOV, 2014
1. Competition for the Best European Debut is dedicated to the first time, feature-length films made by European directors for theatre release.
2. European director means the person who was born in one of European countries (not only from UE) or who has European country (not only from UE) citizenship
3. Film selected for the competition should have European producer, but also it can be a result of international coproduction, with predominance of European contribution
4. For support and promotion ambition, value, original, interesting artistic exploration of young European film directors we establish Award for the Best European Debut. Independent Audience Award are establish by the viewers.
5. Cristal Boat Award for the Best European Debut is admitting once a year in November, during Forum of European Cinema
6. The Winners are getting diploma, statues and money prize.
7. One of the condition film has been considered to the competition is not more than 24th months period from its finishing to jury deliberation.
8. Candidates to the competition may be reported by themselves, their producers or film institutions but not later than October 31st 2014th.
The selection committee will chose the best according with their preference films to attend in the competition. Their number is limited to nine debuts. Committee duty is to inform all candidates about the result of selection.
9. The Cristal Boat Award is admitting by the Jury, which consists from European and Polish film directors, cinematographers, producers, actors. Screenwriters, distributors, film critics, festivals directors and programmers.
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATING
IN COMPETITIONS FOR THE BEST EUROPEAN DEBUT
DVD screeners (we cordially ask about English subtitles) with the following details like original and English film title, director, producer, screenwriter, cinematographer, editor and main actors names must be send not later than August 31st 2014th. Also we need film running time and print format info. Please send your application with DVD screener on the following addresse:
19th Forum of European Cinema Cinergia
Competition for the Best European Debut
The prints with English subtitles should reach the Festival Office (the same addresse above) by October 31st, 2014 the latest. We accept: DCP, Blu Ray, HDcam, Digital Betacam
More info about Competition for the Best European Debut:
tel. +48 42 636 00 92
fax.+48 42 636 03 14
Jury of competition will be announced later